Safe work method statement - Excavation works - Movement of plant
Manoeuvring of plant
The manoeuvring of plant at a workplace shall be undertaken under controlled conditions to eliminate or minimise the likelihood of the plant having contact with an overhead electrical service, building or structure.
Tasks associated with the manoeuvring of earthmoving plant would include:
- Establishing an exclusion zone where overhead electrical services and electrical parts are present;
- Conduct of pre-operational inspection prior to the operation of plant;
- Manoeuvring of earthmoving plant at a workplace;
- Manual handling and ergonomic issues associated with the manoeuvring of earthmoving plant;
- Personal protective equipment required to be worn and/or used when manoeuvring plant at a workplace;
- Housekeeping of a workplace and work area;
- Monitoring of control measures in the performance of the work task.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, injury or illness to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with employees.
- Generation of hazards.
- Establishing and maintaining an exclusion zone.
- Pre-operational inspection of plant.
- Manoeuvring of earthmoving plant.
- Manual handling issues.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for manoeuvring of plant.
Return to excavation works
Return to safe work method statements