Safe work method statement - Plumbing - Fit-off plumbing components
Fit-off of plumbing components
The fitting off of plumbing fittings and components involves the preparation of pipe work, connection of pipes to tap or valve, testing and the mounting and fixing of the equipment.
- Plumbing components would be defined as a tap, valve, etc associated with a basin, toilet (WC), hot water system, etc.
Tasks associated with the fit-off of plumbing fittings and components would include:
- Job preparation and planning prior to fitting-off a plumbing component;
- Selection of correct plumbing fittings and components to be fitted off;
- Fit-off of a plumbing fitting or component;
- Drilling of materials for the fit-off of a plumbing fitting or component;
- Manual handling issues when handling and fitting off plumbing fittings or components;
- Personal protective equipment to be worn when handling and fitting off plumbing fittings or components.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, injury or illness to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with employees.
- Generation of hazards.
- Preparation and planning when fitting-off a plumbing component.
- Selection of plumbing fittings and components for fit-off.
- Fit-off of plumbing components.
- Drilling of materials for the fit-off of plumbing components.
- Manual handling tasks.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for plumbing services - Fit-off of plumbing components.
Return to plumbing services
Return to safe work method statements