Safe work method statement - Structural steel erection - Set up anchor bolts
Set up of anchor bolts
Anchor bolts or plates are the base anchorage connection point of a structural steel frame associated with a building or structure.
Tasks associated with setting out, installing and fitting anchor bolts for the erection of a structural steel frame include:
- Planning and set out of holding down bolts, columns, etc, relevant to supporting structural steel frame components;
- Positioning and set out of anchor bolts, plates, etc;
- Undertake excavation works to establish a foundation to support a structural steel frame;
- Determine correct type, size, strength, etc, anchor bolt or plate used in the erection of a structural steel frame;
- Drilling masonry materials and using chemical anchors to install and set up anchor bolts;
- Set and adjust anchor bolts to required height to support structural steel frame.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, serious injury or illness to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with workers.
- Generation of hazards.
- Planning for set out, installation and adjustment of anchor bolts and plates supporting a structural steel frame.
- Method by which to position and set out anchor bolts, plates.
- Undertake excavation works where necessary to establish a foundation.
- Selecting the correct type, size, strength, etc anchor bolt or plate to be used.
- Drilling of masonry materials and use of chemical anchors to install and set up anchor bolts.
- Setting and adjustment of anchor bolts to required height for structural steel frame.
- Manual handling tasks.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for structural steel erection - Set up of anchor bolts.
Return to structural steel erection
Return to safe work method statements