Safe work method statement - Motor vehicle - Seating and controls
Seating and controls
A vehicles seating and controls should be set and adjusted to suit an operators comfort whilst at all times giving consideration to ergonomic factors.
- Seating should where practicable be ergonomically designed for user support and comfort.
- Controls associated with the functional operation of a vehicle should be within easy reach of a person operating the vehicle.
Tasks associated with the setting and adjusting of a vehicles seating and controls include:
- Setting and adjustment of seating as per manufacturer?s instructions e.g. adjust seat and backrest;
- Implement administrative controls to minimise the transfer of vibration from the road surface;
- Operation of the functional controls fitted to a vehicle;
- Knowledge of warning signs/notices relative to controls;
- Administrative reporting controls;
- Conduct a hazard identification of the vehicles seating and controls;
- Assess risk to persons through the seating fitted to a vehicle.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death or injury to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with employees.
- Generation of hazards.
- Operation of vehicle without having set or adjusted seating and controls.
- Failure to implement administrative controls to reduce vibration.
- Operation of vehicles controls without instruction.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Training requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for setting and adjusting sitting and controls of a motor vehicle.
Return to motor vehicle
Return to motor vehicles
Return to safe work method statements