Safe work method statement - Excavation works - Set-out of excavation works
Set out of excavation of works
A review of proposed excavation works as detailed and identified in working drawings and specifications shall determine the location and nature of underground services the type of excavation to be set out.
Tasks associated with the set out of excavation works would include:
- Job preparation and planning prior to undertaking the set out of excavation works;
- Identification as to the nature and location of any underground services;
- Driving of stakes or pegs into the ground within the vicinity of underground services;
- Setting out of area to be excavated;
- Manual handling and ergonomic issues associated with the set out of excavation works;
- Personal protective equipment required to be worn and/or used when setting out excavation works;
- Housekeeping of a workplace and work area;
- Monitoring of control measures in the performance of the work task.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, injury or illness to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with employees.
- Generation of hazards.
- Job preparation and planning.
- Identification of underground services.
- Driving of stakes/pegs within the vicinity of underground services.
- Set out of excavation works.
- Manual handling issues.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for set out of excavation works.
Return to excavation works
Return to safe work method statements