Safe work method statement - Electrical - Clean and glue PVC conduits
Cleaning and gluing of electrical conduits
Electrical conduits are primarily used to carry electrical cables between a power source and an appliance.
- Following the cutting of a PVC conduit it is necessary to clean the conduit prior to priming and gluing the conduit and associated fittings.
Tasks associated with the cleaning and gluing of PVC electrical conduits include:
- Handling of priming fluid and solvent cement in the jointing of PVC conduits;
- Cleaning and jointing of PVC conduits;
- Decanting of priming fluid and solvent cement to a secondary container;
- Manual handling and ergonomic issues associated with the handling and decanting of a hazardous substance;
- Personal protective equipment required to be worn and/or used when handling hazardous substances, cleaning and gluing of PVC electrical conduits;
- Housekeeping of a workplace and work area;
- Monitoring of control measures in the performance of the work task.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, injury or illness to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with employees.
- Generation of hazards.
- Handling of priming fluid and solvent cement in the jointing of conduits.
- Cleaning and jointing of PVC conduits.
- Decanting of priming fluid and solvent cement to a secondary container.
- Manual handling issues.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for cleaning and gluing of electrical conduits.
Return to electrical works
Return to safe work method statements