Safe work method statement - Concreting - Place concrete using a wheelbarrow
Placement of concrete using a wheelbarrow
The placement and delivery of concrete to a given area e.g. floor slab using a wheelbarrow.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, injury or illness to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with employees.
- Generation of hazards.
- Protection of exposed steel reinforcement bars.
- Controlling exposure to cementitious materials.
- Placement of concrete using a wheelbarrow.
- Collapse of formwork and false work during placement of concrete.
- Manual handling tasks.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for concreting services - Placement of concrete using a wheelbarrow.
Return to concreting services
Return to safe work method statements