Plasterboard services - Fix plasterboard ceiling sheets
Fix plasterboard ceiling sheets
Plasterboard which when fixed to an internal ceiling of a building or structure provides a seamless internal ceiling lining.
- Plasterboard sheeting is cut to a specific length and shape, and fixed to a supporting ceiling framework in a progressive manner.
Tasks associated with the cutting and fixing of plasterboard sheeting to a ceiling include:
- Planning and preparation for cutting and fixing of plasterboard sheeting to ceiling as per drawings;
- Assessment of work environment for hazards and risks;
- Measuring and marking plasterboard sheeting to be cut;
- Use of utility knife to cut plasterboard sheeting;
- Use of keyhole saw to cut plasterboard sheeting;
- Pre-operational inspection of plant used to fix plasterboard;
- Working with faulty or defective plant;
- Alteration or modification of plant to fix plasterboard sheeting;
- Operation of plant to fix plasterboard sheeting;
- Positioning and fixing plasterboard sheeting;
- Working at heights requiring an EWP, fall arrest system, etc;
- Hazardous manual tasks associated with fixing plasterboard ceiling sheets;
- Handle, decant and use a hazardous chemical, substance or product e.g. plasterboard adhesive;
- Selection and use of personal protective equipment;
- Compliance with specific controls as per a regulation, code of practice.
Safe work method statement includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, serious injury or illness to workers are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Workplace consultation with workers.
- Generation of hazards.
- Plan and prepare for fixing of plasterboard sheeting.
- Measure and mark plasterboard sheeting to be cut.
- Cut plasterboard sheeting with utility knife.
- Cut plasterboard sheeting with keyhole saw.
- Pre-operational inspection of screw gun.
- Working with faulty or defective plant.
- Alteration or modification of plant to fix plasterboard.
- Operate plant to fix plasterboard sheeting.
- Position and fix plasterboard ceiling sheets.
- Work at heights using EWP, fall arrest system, etc.
- Hazardous manual tasks when fixing plasterboard wall sheeting.
- Handle, decant and use a hazardous chemical, substance or product e.g. plasterboard adhesive.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Specific controls to ensure compliance with Work Health and Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice, etc.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for plasterboard services - Fix plasterboard ceiling sheets.
Return to plasterboard and ceiling services
Return to safe work method statements