Safe work method statement - Concreting - Finish concrete - Trowelling machine
Finishing of concrete with trowelling machine
A concrete surface e.g. floor is typically finished with a concrete trowelling machine.
- Concrete trowelling machines are used to finish a concrete surface as specified by a building designer.
Tasks associated with the finishing of a concrete surface using a concrete trowelling machine include:
- Assessment of work environment for hazards and risks;
- Protection of exposed steel reinforcement;
- Handling of cementitious materials e.g. concrete;
- Pre-operational inspection of concrete trowelling machine;
- Identification of guards fitted to concrete trowelling machine;
- Re-fuelling of concrete trowelling machine;
- Operation of a concrete trowelling machine for the finishing of concrete;
- Working at heights whilst finishing concrete;
- Establishment of working platforms e.g. scaffolding.
Safety procedure includes
Control measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of death, injury or illness to persons are addressed in the safe work method statement as per the following sections.
- Consultation with employees.
- Generation of hazards.
- Protection of exposed steel reinforcement bars.
- Working with faulty or defective plant.
- Alteration or modification of a concrete trowelling machine.
- Guards fitted and installed to plant.
- Conduct of a pre-operational inspection of plant.
- Refuelling of trowelling machine.
- Operation of a concrete trowelling machine to finish concrete.
- Controlling exposure to cementitious materials.
- Working at a height when finishing concrete using a trowelling machine.
- Manual handling tasks.
- Personal protective equipment requirements.
- Training requirements.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Failure to monitor controls.
- Risk matrix and descriptors.
- Additional hazards, risks and controls.
- Approval and change management form.
- Sign-off for concreting services - Finishing of concrete with trowelling machine.
Return to concreting services
Return to safe work method statements