Death and injury in the workplace
Work related death and injury costs the Australian economy billions of dollars each year.
Serious injuries, serious illnesses and work related diseases are on the increase in Australia with over 600,000 persons hurt or becoming ill at work every year - resulting in loss of productivity, high levels of sick leave, and potentially low worker morale.
Workplace accidents or illnesses kill more than 6,000 Australians at work every year. That's more than the national road toll.
- Government is cracking down on unsafe workplaces, conducting spot audits on sites and fining persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) who aren't complying with established health and safety policies and procedures, and safe work practices.
- It is in the interest of each and every PCBU to have the highest possible standards of work health and safety for workers.
That's why it's vitally important for you to take the issue of work health and safety seriously.
Make your workplace safer
By using OHSMS
as your occupational health and safety management system you have better control over OHS matters:
- You have real-time access to data on incidents - including photos, videos, documents and audio files. This also enables you to complete risk assessments and better implement risk management strategies in your business.
- You are able to access the system from any web enabled device, meaning that incidents can be quickly and effectively managed - and you can show anyone e.g. Regulator, Union Rep, etc, who asks how you are handling any incidents that do occur.
- You can delegate tasks to workers to follow up or investigate, and can quickly see the status of the tasks to know when they are completed.
Training to keep your workers qualified
Workplace health and safety will soon offer online training packages for your employees - ensuring they have access to the training they require.
- Properly trained and ticketed workers are in a better position to make safe and informed decisions relating to work health and safety matters.
- Having a safe workplace does more than keep your workers happy; it also shows to your investors that you are serious about safety, productivity and profit.