Additional hazards and risks with arc welding
Additional hazards and risks identified with the safe operation and use of arc welding equipment for which control measures have been developed as per the risk identification process include:
- Workers undertaking the set up, operation and use of arc welding equipment without having been involved in the planning process.
- Working with faulty, defective or non-compliant plant.
- Alteration or modification of arc welding equipment.
- Incompatible welding electrode used to arc weld steel materials.
- Operation of arc welding equipment without conducting a pre-operational inspection.
- Operation of arc welding equipment in performance of a work task.
- Sparks, slag and molten metal generated from the operation of arc welding equipment.
- Removal of slag following the completion of welding operations.
- Working at a height when operating arc welding equipment.
- Hazardous chemicals and products associated with the operation of arc welding equipment.
- Handling, set up and operation of arc welding equipment for welding steel materials.
- Workers not provided with the required personal protective equipment and having not received instruction as to method by which to wear an article of PPE.
- Training not provided to workers for the set up and operation of arc welding equipment in the performance of a task.
- Housekeeping of a workplace not undertaken and/or no areas assigned for the storage of materials and plant.
- Workers not advised of specific controls to be implemented to ensure compliance with Work Health and Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice and Standards.
- Performance of tasks and activities undertaken in connection with the operation and use of arc welding equipment.
- Failure to monitor the implementation of control measures.
Online SWMS/JSA safe work method statement subscription service
WHS compliance has never been easier with your safe work method statement or job safety analysis prepared by ex WHS Qld Government Workplace Health and Safety Inspectorate in consultation with Industry OHS Representatives to comply with Work Health and Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice, Industry Standards and Australian Standards.
As a subscriber to a WHS online safe work method statement SWMS or job safety analysis JSA you and your employees can:
- Access and view the work method statement, swms or jsa real time from any web capable device e.g. mobile phone, tablet, laptop, etc (for best results we recommend using the web browser Safari); and
- Print the safe work method statement, swms or jsa sign off sheet and approval form including change management approval in a pdf format or hard-copy via the print option; and
- Email the safe work method statement, swms or jsa notification advising a principal contractor, PCBU's and workers as to any specific controls to be implemented at a workplace for which the swms or jsa relates to; and
- Never worry again about amendments, updates and versions; and
- WHS maintain one controlled version of the safe work method statement or job safety analysis online as part of our continual improvement process; and
- That means there can be no confusion as you and your employees are all using the same safe work method statement, swms or jsa at the same time, leaving you to concentrate on your business.
How do you access and implement the safe work method statement or job safety analysis?
To get you online, working, implementing and demonstrating safety compliance management, it's as easy as:
- Log in via a mobile phone using your username and password;
- Complete and email the safe work method statement, swms or jsa notification with user access to a principal contractor, PCBU's and workers for a specific workplace; and
- That's it unless you need to print the sign off sheet, hazard and risk controls or change management approval form.
How do you keep employees and clients current and up to date?
Simple each user be they an employee, contractor or client is assigned a unique username and password to access the controlled version of the arc welding jsa/swms online.
- Each user can access and view the online swms/jsa from a web capable device e.g. mobile phone with their username and password.
- Line management personnel can access and print the safe work method statement/job safety analysis and online jsa/swms forms.
- Line management personnel can send an swms/jsa email notification to a principal contractor, pcbu's and workers advising as to the details of the workplace, principal contractor, commencement and completion dates, person with management or control and any specific controls to be implemented for the safe operation and use of arc welding equipment.
- Users are notified of an amendment to the job safety analysis/work method statement via the online ohs diary and email notification.
What we will do to get you online
As a WHS online safe work method statement or job safety analysis subscriber WHS shall:
- Create a group user account for your business and assign the user access required by you and your employees.
- Insert your company logo and business details throughout the online safe work method statement, swms or jsa for the purpose of work health and safety compliance.
- Notify you if the work method statement or job safety analysis or it's safe operating procedures or methods are amended.
Ordering is simple
- Add the safe work method statement, job safety analysis or safe operating procedure and any additional swms's, jsa's or sop's you require to the shopping cart.
- Follow the checkout process, ensuring you attach your company logo in a high resolution JPEG format for inclusion in the online safe work method statement/job safety analysis.
- Complete your order and payment process. A Tax Invoice will be forwarded to the email address you provide.
What happens next?
Upon receipt of payment notification WHS shall:
- Send you an email requesting any additional information we may require to create your group registration.
- Within 2 hours, customise your online safe work method statement/job safety analysis to incorporate your company logo and relevant business details, and create the required subscriber user access and email details of usernames and passwords to you. Where our workload is excessive we reserve the right to extend this time frame to 24 hours.
100% Money back guarantee!!
If you find a more comprehensive online safe work method statement, job safety analysis, safe operating procedure, SWMS, JSA or SOP accessible online, able to be printed and offers an email notification service from any web capable device, and you provide evidence of such we will refund your purchase.
Shoppers buying this safe work method statement/job safety analysis also bought.