What is OHSMS?
Amalgamate the objectives of an occupational health and safety management system with that of a quality management system and the result is a manageable OHS management system able to be implemented on a global basis by any industry.
Need for Online OHS Management system
Workplace health and safety identified that the source of an organisation's subsistence was being diminished by financial penalties, payouts and associated defence representation costs.
Monitoring of health and safety
Industry to date has not been equipped with appropriate administrative tools capable of monitoring occupational health and safety performance real time.
Focusing on a OHS solution
As part of the overall risk management process, consultation between industry leaders and workplace health and safety was undertaken in bringing the cutting edge OHSMS to fruition.
Focus groups identified the need to remove the complexity and confusion of managing health and safety at the workplace.
Industry determined for an OHS management system to be effective and efficient it needed to have the following attributes.
- Manageable for any size workforce or workplace.
- Updatable and maintained to always ensure one version, one system.
- Affordable for any size employer, be it 1 person or 200,000 employees.
- Easily accessible by all employees.
- Recordable and notifiable of ohs issues in a real time format.
- Retrievability of information and records at any time.
- Security to ensure data and records are not lost or destroyed.
Compliance with health and safety duties and obligations
In response to global regulation and the ever-increasing duties and obligations imposed upon persons and organisations in the conduct of a business, workplace health and safety did develop OHSMS
OHSMS is an innovative OHS management system meeting the needs of industry. Communication with employees has never been easier. OHSMS communicates and records information from any web capable device.
- An organisation can feel confident in the fulfillment of their safety duties and obligations when using OHSMS.
There are no additional costs or charges incurred by users for the development, improvement or amendment of OHSMS.
Workplace health and safety is committed to the continual development and improvement of its OHSMS and its associated reporting mechanisms to ensure industry is provided with a world class OHS management system.